The Howler Alpine Slide
Colorado's longest continually running ski area, Howelsen Hill, has a variety of summer fun available - The Howler Alpine Slide is one of its premier summer attractions! First, enjoy a scenic chairlift ride to the top of Howelsen Hill, then cruise down the 2,400-foot controlled descent through banked turns on the steep face!
Children under the age of 2 are not permitted on the slide, but children 2-6 years of age can ride with a parent when tickets are purchased at the slide for $6.00 per ride.
The Alpine Slide is located at Howelsen Hill recreation area in downtown Steamboat Springs. The free city bus stops at the corner of 5th Street and Lincoln Ave. From there it is about a 10 minute walk to Howelsen Hill. From Lincoln Ave (Hwy 40) and 5th St. follow signs to the Rodeo Grounds.
- May 24-May 26: 12:00pm-5:00pm; Monday 11:00am-4:00pm
- May 31-June 1: 11:00am-5:00pm
- June 5-June 20: 11:00am-5:00pm
- June 21-August 10: 10:00am-6:00pm
- August 11-August 24: 11:00am-5:00pm
- August 30-September 1: 11:00am-5:00pm; Monday 11:00ma-4:00pm
- September 6-September 28 (weekends only): Saturday 12:00pm-5:00pm; Sunday 12:00pm-4:00pm
|1-4 rides||7 & up||$12.00 each ride|
|5-9 rides||7 & up||$11.00 each ride|
|10-24 rides||7 & up||$10.00 each ride|
|25+ rides||7 & up||$9.00 each ride|
* These are Summer 2014 rates.
** Tickets are transferable but must be used within the same day.